Quick Solutions to Recover Lost Data from Android
A large share of the global mobile phone market today has been occupied by Android phones. Android phones have become more and more popular for their openness and rich features. There are many mobile manufacturing companies today that use Android as their operating system. Some of the top companies that use Android are Samsung, HTC, LG, sony and much more. However, there are a few drawbacks too when it comes to using an Android phone. Perhaps the gravest of them all is when an Android user loses his contacts. Your contacts are some of the most valuable things you have on your Android device.Today many Android users have to face depression when their phone contacts have been erased or lost. This normally happens when you buy a new phone or forget to take backup of data when you format it.
The question that comes to the mind of every Android user is whether he will be able to restore his contacts again or not. You can restore deleted contacts from your Android phone with Android Data Recovery, it allows you to recover deleted contacts directly from Android or SIM card on Android phones. Now let’s go through how to retrieve lost contacts from an Android phone, but you need to free download the program on your computer first. So if you’ve lost one or more don’t worry, we have some quick solutions to get this important data back. It’s possible that your contacts are still on your Android device but they’re not showing up in your contact list. You can find them right away with just a few steps.
The simplest way to look for the lost contact is on your Android phone itself. Here the simple way –
- Open your Contacts
- Tap on the Menu (the three dots in the top-right corner of your screen).
- Hit Settings and then tap Contacts.
- Open Contacts to display.
- You should see a list of the contacts your phone is set to display. Hit All contacts and all the contacts from your apps should now be displayed in your Contacts list.
This was a simple way that often helps people in getting back contacts. If you still don’t see your contacts don’t worry yet. In this post, we will give details on how to recover your contacts every time you buy a new phone or format it.
Get Your Contacts Through Your Gmail Account
Users can save all their contacts on their Gmail. Every Gmail account has a special feature that can restore your contacts. For your Gmail account to store your contacts you have to first sync it with your Android device. Once you have synced your Gmail account with your Android phone then you can utilize this feature. Your email contacts should have other contact information in the email contacts list and you can use this to quickly get your contacts back. To get the contacts via your Gmail account follow the simple steps.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- On the top left-hand side of your screen will see a drop-down menu called Mail.
- Click on thisMail option and select Contacts.
- You will get the custom restore of 30 days on your Gmail.
- Any contact added before then will be recovered.
- But if you added a contact after that time then it will be lost.
- Once you’re finished you just need to resync your Android device.
- To sync again, go into the Settings on your Android device.
- Under accounts, tap Sync. You will see a Sync now
- Hit that and your contacts should return to your device.
Backup Your Data
You may lose your contacts again so in order to avoid this problem again you should back up all the valuable data on your Android device. We would suggest that the Android users should take backup of their data through Google. But you should make sure you’ve connected your Google account to your phone first. Steps to take backup on your Android phone are very easy and the steps have been given below.
- Tap open your phone’s Settings and tap on Backup and reset.
- From there you can adjust the settings for your data backup so you don’t lose anything again.
- You should see your account underneath the Backup account.
If you still don’t get the lost contacts on your Android phone, don’t worry. You can restore deleted contacts from your Android phone with Android Data Recovery. The Android Data Recovery allows you to recover deleted contacts directly from Android or SIM card on Android phones. To recover the contacts through the Android Data Recovery, you will first have to download this program on your computer or laptop. The steps to install the Android Data Recovery program and how to recover your lost contacts on Android are given below.
1. Install and Run the Android Data Recovery Tool
The first step for the users will be to install and launch the Android Data Recovery program on their Laptop or Mac Computer.
2. Connect Android Device to Computer and Enable USB Debugging
After you have successfully installed the program connect your Android phone to computer. Now check if you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. If not, follow the ways below.
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter “Settings” > Click “About Phone” > Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a note “You are under developer mode” > Back to “Settings” > Click “Developer options” > Check “USB debugging”
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter “Settings” > Click “Developer options” > Check “USB debugging”
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter “Settings” > Click “Applications” > Click “Development” > Check “USB debugging”
For users who have already done Debugging, they can avoid the third step.
Android Data Recovery program will ask you to selectively choose which type of files to be scanned. If you want to recover Android contacts only, you can tick “Contacts” because it takes less time to scan only contacts then scan all the data.
3. Begin to Scan Your Android for Lost Contacts
Now you will notice that on the computer device detected. It means your Android has been detected by the program successfully. Here, you just need to let the software check your Android device and wait for a few seconds. Now a window will appear, you need to turn to your Android phone and click “Allow” popping up on the screen, until it disappears, and then back to the program and scan your Android for lost contacts.
4. Preview and Restore Contacts on Android
After all contacts and messages have been scanned out, the program will remind you to stop the scan. This will be helpful in saving the unnecessary time. Scanning all the data will waste a lot of time. You can now preview all contacts one by one in the scan result. You can mark the contacts that you want and click “Recover” to selectively save them on your computer. The contacts found in the scan result contain those you deleted recently (displayed in orange) and those existing on your Android phone (displayed in black). You could recover some of them or all.
5. Back up Your Android Device from Time to Time
One of the simplest ways to recover lost contacts on Android is to keep a backup of the data. As a user, you can form a habit of backing up Android files from time to time. Even if you deleted your Android data accidentally, you can just use Android Data Recovery to retrieve deleted data from Android.
These were some of the ways to recover your lost contacts on your Android. These would certainly help in getting back your data and contacts. Since Android occupies a huge share of the mobile market, this article would sincerely be helpful in giving help to Android users.